Monday, September 10, 2007

Project Focus

As I said as few posts back I was unsure of exactly where I'm heading with this project. Well I've spent sometime thinking about what I want to do and why.

The why overall is pretty straight forward, experience. Also I want to know how things work, how it fits together. The what, is a bit more complex. The plan of attack is to create a Real-Time 3D Graphics Engine. I use Graphics Engine instead of Game Engine as, I hope, it to be flexible enough to work in many situation, including Games and Level Editors. Once the base engine is set up then I might branch it to different genres.

Here are the main features:
  • Graphics Interface independent of API
  • Graphical User Interface Framework
  • Scene/Object Management
  • Collision Detection System
  • Rigid Body Dynamic System
  • Scripting Language
I know the above is still not that specific, but it a start and a direction. The more I work at it the clearing it should become.

As I said previously, I'm starting with a toolbox, a number of common used classes and function that can be used throughout this project. I know I could create these utilities as I went along, but I want a good firm oundation to build upon. Thats why I'm starting with the maths Section.

thing2k

No comments: